Sunday, September 21, 2014

Paper-pieced pouch

I teased my first paper-pieced block a few days ago, and now that block is a pouch! It's destined for a care package for a friend, and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I hope it brightens her day!
This project is the New World Pouch from Vintage Quilt Revival, my current favorite quilt book. This book is chock full of colorful inspiration, and I want to dive into every page. This is technically my second project from the book, as the star block I made for the NASA quilt was the Star-and-Pinwheel block from the book's Sugar Snow Quilt.
Now that I've finished my first bout of paper piecing, I'm kicking myself for having waited so long to try it. What a chicken! It was super fun, and I'm excited about all the design doors this is going to open. I've already picked out my next paper-piecing project, another quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival, of course.
The raindrop print is April Showers by Bonnie and Camille, the main gray fabric is Essex Yarn-Dyed in Steel, and the loopy fabric is from Sweetwater's Noteworthy collection. I used a different print for fun on the back, but I can't remember which collection it's from (It's been hanging out in my stash for quite a while.).
I'm linking up to Craft Book Month over at Craft Buds and of course the Craft Book Sew-Along at Live.Love.Create.
Craft Book Sew Along at Live. Love. Create.

2 comments:

  1. Cute zippered pouch. Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is one sweet pouch. I'm not afraid of paper piecing, but I am afraid of zippers -- yours looks beautiful! I think this book will have to go on my Christmas wish list. : )

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)