Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Foxes and travel and pinwheels, oh my!

Until this week, it had been a little quiet on here sewing-wise, so it was nice to finally get to post some finishes. My big finish this week was my entry for the MQG Michael Miller Challenge, aka the Pinwheel Pods quilt.
I actually finished this one up a few weeks ago, but I just couldn't seem to get a good picture of it until this week. You can read all about it and see lots more photos in this post.
I also finished up a few little items for B to use on our upcoming road trip: a crayon wallet and car travel pouch. Quick little finishes feel so good sometimes. You can read about these two in this post. I'm hoping to squeeze in one more trip project before we leave, a nice big beach bag. We'll see.
Finally, my main project over the last week or so has been my mini fox quilts. They're not ready for the big reveal yet, but they're getting close. The fox block is from Elizabeth Hartman's Fancy Fox quilt pattern. I made single blocks and surrounded them with scrappy log cabin layers in teal, brown, and various shades of orange.
  
One is totally done, and the others are basted and ready for quilting, hopefully by the weekend. I'm ready to move on to something new! My brain's already fighting over what to start next. It's always hard for me to commit when there are so many things I want to do.

The neverending to do list:
MQG Michael Miller Challenge quilt
Fox mini quilts
Beach bag
STL quilt
Rainbow New Wave quilt
Mystery HST quilt
Improv quilt
Car travel pouch for B
Crayon wallet for B
Perfect quilted tote
T-shirt quilt 
Aviatrix Medallion quilt 
"Treasure" bag for B
Superhero cape for B
Sewing circle tote
Re-cover the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
A mug rug for me
Ironing board cover
Reusable snack bags
Washi dress/tunic

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. I love your list!!! Mine is just as long!!! eeeeek!! and your Michael Miller quilt is awesome!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That list is a great idea! Your foxes are so darn cute, and your challenge quilt is amazing! I love the tone on tone pinwheels, its like a subtle light as they spin, and your quilting works so well with the quilt! Its a pinwheel without slapping you in the face yelling PINWHEEL! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your challenge quilt, its very pretty. I love the subtle play of colors and the quilting you chose. it draws the eye around to all the blocks. very very nice! And those foxes, OMG those foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fox blocks are so adorable! And love the quilt - very mod and nice pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drooling over your foxes, luv them. Can't wait to see your final product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute fox blocks and your challenge quilt is amazing! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh.. I like your quilting, really emphasises the modern tone of your pinwheel pods! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME. I wish I had had a crayon pouch a a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)