Sunday, July 29, 2012

Our new house revealed: Master bed and bath and office!

The master bedroom was a total revamp from our old house. We've wanted a king-size bed (and a new mattress!) for a long time but didn't want to buy one until we'd bought a house and were sure it would fit. Thankfully, in the new house, we had just enough room!
The bed, dresser, and chest are all brand spanking new. It took us forever to decide on something, but we wanted to make sure we found exactly what we wanted since we plan on keeping it for a very long time. No IKEA furniture here. :)
We're still working on several things in this room, most notably the bedside lamps and nightstands. We decided not to get the nightstands that match our dressers because they were too big and too expensive, so we're looking for something that works with everything else but also stands out a bit. I hope we find something soon, though, because the old furniture and lamps are driving me crazy!
I also made a new wall hanging for above the bed. I stitched up some of my favorite Joel Dewberry fabrics and stretched them across a canvas I had. I love the way it turned out and how it works with the blues in the room.
The upstairs bath is one of the few rooms that's totally done. The periwinkle was already on the walls, and we liked how it looked in the bathroom, so we decided to keep it. The previous owners had a gray shower curtain that we loved, and though we looked all over for it, we couldn't find it, so we were happy when we found this striped one at Target as an alternative.
We made our own set with towels from Kohl's and a bath mat from West Elm because we didn't like any of the complete sets we found, and we finished the wall off with some candle sconces and a white frame.
After the living room, the office may be the room that needs the most work. The furniture's all in place (one of few rooms we didn't buy anything new for, for now, at least), but I'm working on some organizational items, and we need to get some more things up on the wall — I'm just not sure what yet!
I think I'm going to make some of these hanging fabric baskets for pens and what not next to my desk.
But the wall above Matt's desk is still a big question mark — more pictures frames? A fabric-covered canvas or bulletin board? I can't decide.
Stay tuned for more rooms tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)