Friday, June 19, 2015

Cotton + Steel mini quilt swap

Several months ago, I signed up for the Cotton + Steel mini quilt swap on Instagram, and now that my partner has received her package, I can finally do the full reveal. (General note: We've had a ton of rainy, cloudy days lately, so it was really hard to get some decent photos of this before sending it off. It's much brighter in person.)
My partner said she loved low volume, paper piecing, and geometric shapes, and her favorite C+S designers were Alexia Abegg and Sarah Watts. I debated on a design for a long time but was happy when I remembered the Adorn mini quilt pattern in Simply Retro, which seemed like the perfect fit.
I quilted it using cream thread in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with straight lines about 1/4" to the side of each seam. I love the little hexagons they make when they intersect.
For the backing, I used some bigger pieces of prints from the front (ones from her favorite designers) and included one of my labels in the binding. I used a navy C+S print with teal pin dots for the binding, which sets off the low volume on the front nicely.
For the extras, I threw in some C+S scraps, a journal, twine, washi tape, a handmade card, and the zip pouch I revealed last week.
This was a hard one to let go. I hope she loves them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)