Monday, February 24, 2014

A plethora of pouches

Back at Christmas, my little sister casually mentioned she could use a new makeup bag. I made her one a few years back, and it has been well-loved and well-used, so it was time for an update. She also wanted something a bit bigger.
I knew immediately that I wanted to make another of Anna's fabulous open-wide zippered pouches, but I couldn't decide on which size to make (you can see my past versions of the pouch here, here, here, and here). I think I forgot just how large the medium size is (plenty big for a makeup bag, FYI), so I started to debate between the medium and large. After reviewing the finished measurements, I started to lean toward the medium. (An aside for those who might be looking to make these, the large one would be way too big for a makeup bag, trust me.)
Finally, I just said to heck with it and decided to make all three. That way, I figured she could use whichever size she wanted for makeup, and she'd have two other handy pouches to use as she pleased. Who couldn't use more zipper pouches, right?
Fabrics:
Exterior contrast bottom on all three bags: Essex yarn-dyed in black
Exterior patterned fabric for the large and small bags: Peacock Gardens in Teal from Patty Young's premium collection at Joanns (It looks like only the red is still available online; I found the teal version in the store recently.)
Exterior patterned fabric for the medium bag: Hexo in Turquoise from the Technicolor collection
Lining for the large and small bags and zipper pulls for all three: Lacey in Lemonade from the High Street collection
Lining for the medium bag: Remix Ovals in Aqua
I'm planning to get these in the mail early this week. Feels good to finish up another little project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)