Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday #32

I swear Wednesday sneaks up on me every week. (In case you're new around here, I'm following along with Freshly Pieced's W.I.P. (Work In Progress) Wednesday series as a good way for me (and you) to keep track of what's going on around here.)

Completed:
Our niece's birthday was this week, so of course, I wanted to make her a little something.
 
I whipped up an open-wide zippered pouch (wonderful tutorial from Noodlehead) in the small size and filled it with a few girly goodies. It went in the mail this morning!
The fabrics are from Riley Blake's Fly a Kite collection, originally purchased for this quilt.
 
 
In progress:
Les Amis quilt
I made some decent progress on the quilt this week. I finished piecing both the top and the backing, so now it's on to basting, quilting, and binding!
As I mentioned last week, I'm using this Lattice Quilt pattern from Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, but after downsizing the quilt, I realized I'd made too many blocks.
 
No worries, though, because I managed to squeeze most of them into the backing, paired with a fun chevron.
I'm planning to use the dark gray dots (second from the right in the pic below) for the binding, and I'm really hoping to finish this one up soon. Maybe I'll have a "reveal" for you next week.

On the "to do" list:
Early Bird/Kitchen Window quilt 
New pillows for the downstairs bed and two chairs
Table runner
iPod workout strap
New quilt for the living room (thinking of doing a sliced coins quilt)
A mug rug for me
T-shirt quilt
Winter hat for B
Picnic quilt
Ironing board cover 
Re-cover downstairs chair

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Be sure to click on the button to check out other great WIPs!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours on your quilt - it's so soft and calming - and the backing fabric is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is so awesome, love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above poster. Love the colors and the setting! And the grey backing goes perfectly. Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so inspired by your Les Amis Quilt I went and bought the fabric for a future project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great compliment! I really love this collection. Good luck with your project!

      Delete
  5. I was so inspired by your Les Amis Quilt that I went and bought the fabric for a future project

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)