Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow day, Bowl day

We went to bed on Saturday watching the snowflakes fall and woke up on Sunday to this beautiful sight.
This was definitely the heaviest snow we've had so far this year, so we decided it was time to get Beckett out in it, if only for a little bit.
Piled up outside our back door
The deck
He was pretty awed by the sight of it all and stood at the door like it was Christmas morning.
But he was less than enthusiastic about getting bundled up, and he refused to wear mittens or his hood. (I didn't even bother offering a hat as an alternative.)
Once we got outside, he was pretty interested until he put his mitten-less hand in the closest mound. And then the wind started to blow...
Needless to say, we didn't stay out long. Still, it was a fun start to Super Bowl Sunday.
Matt's a 49ers fan, so he was super excited about the game, and we hosted a small party for some friends. The boys gearing up for the game:
I even gave myself 49ers toes.
The party was a big success, but the game, unfortunately, was not. Oh, well, at least his team got to the Big Game, which is more than I can say for mine.
I love hosting parties for lots of reasons, not least of which is because it gives me an excuse to make things like this, Baked Bree's fabulous oatmeal cream pies. They did not survive the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)