Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIP Wednesday #54

Howdy, Wednesday. I'm back and have lots to share, so let's get to it!

Completed:
The Waterfront Park Quilt is done! I actually finished this one before Christmas, but I realized I haven't done a WIP post since then, so some of you may have missed the big reveal.
It turned out to be a wedding present for my step-brother and new sister-in-law, who both loved it, so I was pleased as punch. This is easily the quilt I most proud of. High bar for quilting in 2014. You can see lots more pics of the quilt here.

I also finished five pillows for the STLMQG Pillow Bomb Project!
It was great to drop these off at our meeting on Saturday. The project ends next month, and my goal is 10 total.
Everything's cut and pinned for the last five, so now I just need to knock them out.

In progress:
This week has been all about the Bluebird Park Baby Quilt. I have a deadline of this Saturday, so I'm pushing to get it all finished. I stayed up until after 3 on Monday night trying to finish piecing the back.

[UPDATE: Thanks to the wonder of Pinterest, a lot of people have expressed an interest in this quilt. (So glad you like it!) For pictures and all the info you need about the finished quilt (including the pattern I used), see this post.]
The fabrics are all from the precious Bluebird Park collection, and I adore them. The hedgehogs are my favorite.
Last night, I basted and quilted it, but I'm a bit lost on deciding on the binding fabric. I fear a trip to the LQS may be in order.
Finally, I finally got my full palette pulled for my MQG Riley Blake Challenge quilt, which I plan to start next. I ditched the aqua and yellow fabrics in the bundle and decided to focus on gray, navy, and orange.
I think it's fun, different, and sophisticated (or at least I hope so). I'm debating between two of the patterns in Modern Patchwork, which I got for Christmas and can't wait to start in on. 

On the "to do" list:
Get back to the T-shirt quilt and Kitchen Window quilt
New tie for B (with a tutorial, finally!)
Superhero cape for B
Re-covering the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
iPod workout strap
A mug rug for me
Ironing board cover
Another divided basket from the Noodlehead pattern 
Reusable snack bags
Living room quilt
Washi dress

This week, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. OMG - I LOVE the Bluebird Park baby quilt! Adorable!

    Kim
    http://tiesthatbindquilting.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are serious about getting that list whittled down. Love the Waterfront park and bluebird fabrics. All your piecing looks great and you are on a roll. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great stuff going on! I particularly love your Waterford Park quilt. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have have some gorgeous fabric taste and I love the quilting on the that top quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby quilt - I adore the hedgehogs, too. Waterford Park quilt is really lovely as well and I can see why you are proud of it. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica--I love your Waterfront Park quilt! I love that line of fabric! :) I like the fabrics you pulled for the Riley Blake Challenge! They look like they will really compliment each other well! :)

    I am giving away a $50 gift certificate this week! Would love for you to stop by and enter!

    Fort Worth Fabric Studio Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you use a pattern for the Blueburd Park Baby Quilt? I love that pattern and would like to get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt design is the Cub Crawl Baby Quilt from the Fat Quarterly book Shape Workshop for Quilters: http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Quarterly-Shape-Workshop-Quilters/dp/1454702826/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390279134&sr=8-1&keywords=fat+quarterly. It came together very easily and would be a good beginner quilt. You can read more about it in the final reveal post for the quilt: http://ablueskykindoflife.blogspot.com/2014/01/bluebird-park-baby-quilt-finished.html. Hope that helps! Best of luck!

      Delete
  8. Glad I found your tutorial...... I've been looking for a pattern for a cute baby quilt. I think I found it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your baby quilt--the pattern, colors, fabric choice. Love all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Who makes your sewing labels? I've been searching for someone to make labels for my sewing projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Judith, the labels used on the pillows in this post were made on Spoonflower.com. I also have labels that I insert into the binding on my quilts, which you can see in this post: http://ablueskykindoflife.blogspot.com/2015/03/sorbet-baby-quilt-finish.html. They're made by Custom Labels 4 U (link in that post). Hope that helps!

      Delete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)