Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stashing

Between Christmas presents and project stashing, there's been a lot of new fabric crossing the threshold of this house lately. I am so ready to start breaking into some of this loveliness. I've been crushing on Jay-Cyn's Just for Fun and Commute lines since they came out ages ago, and my sweet mother was kind enough to pick up several bits of the (quickly disappearing) lines for me: Dottie, Ellie Fam, Ride, Stashes, and Dandi Flight.
She also got me some Mosaic Path in gray from Anthology Fabric's Sweet Tea collection, a great stashbuilder (or future quilt binding), and a fabulous sampler of Carolyn Friedlander's cross shading fabrics.
My sweet mother-in-law was sneaky enough to get me a gift card to Pink Chalk Fabrics, which I quickly started to use on some fun new pieces: Alison Glass's Clover Sunshine Snow Globe in cream, Emily Herrick's Technicolor Hexo in turquoise, Lily Ashbury's High Street Floral Lacey in lemonade, and Kate Spain's Sunnyside Cloud Burst in twilight (all currently on sale).
I also picked up some great basics, including some Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in black and several pieces from the wonderful Half Moon Modern collection: Big Dots and Medium Zig Zag, both in steel and ruby, and Small Zig Zag in steel. Oh, and a Washi Dress pattern. Finally. I will make that dress this year. I know, I'm only like two years behind. Making clothes scares me.
We also did a FQ swap at our St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild meeting last Saturday. We were supposed to give our partner an idea of general colors or patterns we wanted to add to our stash. I said I wanted dots, and my partner did a great job. (Sorry, the only one I can identify is the green one: Flower & Dot in green from Flea Market Fancy.)
Finally, I wandered into my LQS last night to get the binding for the Bluebird Park baby quilt, and sure enough, I came out with a lot more. I'm so weak.
First, it was impossible to resist picking up some Botanics prints. I largely missed out on the Architextures line, and I won't make that mistake again. I particularly love the leaf prints.
And then I grabbed several of the Stitch Circle prints from Michael Miller. This picture (a cloudy day here today) doesn't do the colors justice. The navy is bright and rich, the gray is a dark charcoal, and the green is a vibrant lime. Fabulous.
And I finished up with a few chevrons to add to my Riley Blake challenge quilt. At least I have a specific project in mind for these. That's progress, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)