Thursday, November 16, 2017

Park mini quilt: A finish (and a class)!

A few weeks back, I finished up this fun Park mini quilt, my latest hand-applique project.
I used Carolyn Friedlander's Park pattern and made the wall quilt size, just four easy blocks, two of each version. It measures 27" square.

Most of the fabrics are from the Big Sky collection by Annie Brady. I'm pretty obsessed with this collection. I mean, just look at those bears peeking out. And I love that citrony yellow overall print with all of the animals.

I paired them with a little Essex homespun in navy, a Greek key print from Sweet Marion, a Dear Stella print from the Timberland collection, and the citron Add It Up print from Cotton + Steel.

I decided to machine and hand quilt this one, and I really love how the big-stitch quilting makes the applique pop. For the hand quilting, I used a variety of perle cottons and DMC embroidery floss.
This mini is a sample for a hand-applique class I'm teaching locally this Saturday at Janie Lou from 1-4 pm. There are still a few spots left if you have a little free time and want to enjoy a few laughs and lots of learning. You can sign up right here. Back to the sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)