Monday, October 9, 2017

Sweet Strawberry quilts: Two finishes!

As so often happens, life got in the way, and a few of the quilts I had to finish for the Emerge Circle of do.Good Stitches got put on the back burner until recently. But I'm happy to say they're finished and finally making an appearance on the blog. First up, you may remember my strawberry blocks from back in February.
 
I wound up with a total of 11 blocks. I didn't really feel like making another one, and 12 would still have made a pretty strangely shaped quilt (due to the size of the blocks), so I ended up turning them into two quilts!
I forgot to get exact measurements before I sent them off, but the big one finished at about 45" x 60", and the little one is about 34" square.
The big one was quilted on a long-arm by Janie Lou Quilts. I think the bubble pattern and pink thread add a fun touch. I used the squiggle stitch on my Janome to quilt the normal one. They're both finished with a fun madras print for the backing.
I dove into my stash for both binding prints, a black and white polka dot for the big one and a light pink crosshatch print for the normal one. Both quilts were gifted to Project Linus for its recent drive for Hurricane Harvey victims. I hope they're able to bring a smile to a child who could really use one right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)