Monday, July 20, 2015

July do.Good Stitches blocks

Last night, I finished up my July bee blocks for Amanda and the Emerge do.Good Stitches circle. Amanda asked us to use the arrow block templates from this design, but she switched up the layout. She picked this fun color palette from Design Seeds, which was definitely outside my normal color zone and a bit of a challenge for my stash, but I'm excited to see this quilt come together.
http://design-seeds.com/home/entry/color-stacked1
Image courtesy of Design Seeds

I hope she likes what I came up with, which included various solids, a little Alison Glass and Cotton + Steel, and some Art Gallery Oval Elements.
While I had my solids out, I also made up a quick block to send to the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild for their Quilt for Mother Emanuel Project. I love the way they've stepped up to show support and love for the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston in the wake of the recent tragedy there, and I'm glad to get to play a little part. But, of course, I packed up the block before I snapped a pic of it -- geez. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)