Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Check it off

It's been a busy week of sewing with lots of projects to juggle, so it was nice to mark a few things off my list this week and make some progress on a few more. First up, I finished my pincushion for this month's STLMQG swap, and I love how it turned out. You can see lots more pics and get all the info in this post.
I also finished two more small items from my WIP list. The first was another pillowcase for B's room. I made him one months ago and forgot to blog about it, but he was in need of a backup so we'd have one to use while the other was in the wash. I used up scraps from his nursery fabric and closed it with some snaps.
The second item was my lanyard for QuiltCon!! I missed out on the lanyard swap that took place over on Instagram, but I wasn't going to let that keep me from having a cute one of my own. I followed this tutorial from Procrasticraft, and it went together in no time. Happy colors!
I also started cutting more fabric for the Sorbet baby quilt that's next on my list (the pattern is from Vintage Quilt Revival). The colored squares have joined the low-volume ones from last week, so now it's time to start piecing a whole bunch of HSTs.
Last night, I started working on a zipper pouch that needs to be finished before QuiltCon, as it's coming to Austin with me as a gift. I'm making the large bag "C" from Elizabeth Hartman's perfect zip bags pattern, and so far, it's going quite smoothly. I used a raspberry kiss block for the patchwork on the front, and it's all ready for assembly, hopefully tonight.
Finally, I also finished cutting all of my fabric for the workshop I'm taking with Lee Heinrich at QuiltCon. I couldn't decide on a final plan for the blocks we're making in the class, so I decided to just use some solids left over from my Texas Forever quilt. I think they might become a new table runner when everything's done. I still need to pick out my fabrics for my Elizabeth Hartman workshop, so hopefully I'll get to that this week. So what's on your list?

The neverending (and usually growing) to do list:
Pincushion for STLMQG swap
QuiltCon zipper pouch
QuiltCon lanyard
Sorbet baby quilt
Hazel the Hedgehog baby quilt (I'm planning to follow along with Gnome Angel's quilt along starting in February.)
Pillow for B's bed
Superhero cape for B
Sorbetto shirt (in time for QuiltCon??)
Mini quilt for the Cotton + Steel mini quilt swap (Yay! I got my partner today!)
Aviatrix Medallion quilt
Swoon quilt
Patchwork City sampler quilt
Quilt for guest bed (maybe the Spiced Chai quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival??)
Sunset Tiles quilt (from Scraps Inc.)
T-shirt quilt
Sewing circle tote
Re-cover the downstairs chair
Ironing board cover
Washi dress/tunic
I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of the fabrics you are using in your various projects. Makes me very curious about your stash. Doesn't it feel great to get a few things ticked off??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabrics and so many projects. I like that child's pillowcase, it's so cheerful. Thanks for the link to the lanyard tutorial; that's just what I need for my bus-pass. Enjoy your workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finished projects and WIPs. Have fun at QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)