Monday, December 22, 2014

Little gifts for a little guy

It's almost Christmas! I didn't actually do a ton of gift sewing this year, which was probably for the best since December was super busy, but I did manage to finish my mystery project (reveal coming soon!) and a few small items for B. The first item was a little apron.
B is super into imaginative play and helping us with anything we'll let him, so I thought it was time he got an apron of his own to use in his little kitchen and ours.
I followed this great tutorial from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom (which I included in the Handmade Holidays post I curated for Sew Mama Sew last year), and it came together in no time. The thing that took the longest was making the bias binding.
The stripe is a mystery fabric that I've had in my stash for years, and the dinosaurs are Ann Kelle, who also made an appearance in the second project, a little wallet.
For the wallet, I used the same fabrics I used for B's travel set, precious Ann Kelle foxes on the outside and AMH sealing wax on the inside, along with a bit of aqua solid. The tutorial was another great one from Noodlehead.
It's stuffed with a few old membership cards (why, yes, that is a Blockbuster card) and fake credit cards from the mail, so let the fake spending begin!
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! I'll be back with my mystery project reveal after the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)