Tuesday, August 15, 2017

This is Modern: The St. Louis MQG's first quilt show

About a month ago, the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild held its very first quilt show, and it was a rousing success. A show had been on our minds and in our dreams for quite some time, but the size of such a project had been too daunting. Thankfully, after some group discussion last year, a committee stepped up and decided to finally take it on.
The committee put so much hard work into making the show happen, and the entire guild truly stepped up to for the show weekend. We were so pleased with how it turned out. It was truly a guild-wide effort, with roughly 180 quilts and quilted items from over 50 of our members.
I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but here's just a little taste of all of the goodness. I had the pleasure of including eight (I think) of my works, including the flamingos popping out below.
Overarching, the improv Gateway Arch quilt below, was our guild's QuiltCon charity quilt last year. It will be donated to a local charity in the fall. It also served as the backdrop for our publicity (see first pic above).
Little B, with two of my minis (Austin House and I Heart STL) on each side.
I spy my Tessellation quilt.
And there are my Ebb pillows!
Our Viewers' Choice winner was Annie Cook and her Tennessee Waltz quilt. I think it appealed to both the modern and traditional guests, and the quilting was just fantastic.
Time to start planning the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)