Monday, March 20, 2017

Slow sewing: Botanics

I love having a hand sewing project going, so as soon as I finish one, I'm always on the hunt for the next one. My Collection quilt is all done (well, at least the applique part is; now I have to actually put it together), so it was time for another. And I didn't stray far from the source, though I did go a bit old school. Here comes Botanics:
Botanics was Carolyn Friedlander's second fabric collection, and this was the main applique pattern that went with it. When her latest collection, Friedlander, came into the store in January, I knew I had to start working with it immediately, so this pile was born.
It's mostly Friedlander with a little Cotton + Steel, Pond by Elizabeth Hartman, and Essex yarn-dyed linen throw in, as well as some prints from older collections by Carolyn. It makes for such a soothing, springy palette. 
I've been chipping away at it here and there for the past month and just loving how it's coming along. I'm cutting fabrics as I go, waiting to see what will work best when I get to each section. So far, so good!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful fabrics and your work is exquisite. Such tiny stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very detailed and spot-on stitches! I love the colors, they are very soothing. My favorite are the sea green shades. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)