Thursday, March 23, 2017

Fly Away quilt: A finish!

Another finish from early last fall was my Fly Away quilt!
This quilt was originally done as a shop sample for the fabric store where I work, and I just love how it turned out. The pattern is by Heather Jones, and it went together so quickly. The simple design really has a big impact, and I can totally see doing it again in the larger size for home.

For the front of the quilt, I used three Moda Bella solids. Of course, I forgot to write down the actual names, but the background is a pale aqua (which turned out to be really difficult to capture accurately in pictures), the square is a citron color, and the triangles are teal. I chose a fabulous Carolyn Friedlander Doe pattern (Ladder Lines in leaf) that matched perfectly for the backing. I wanted the binding to blend in, so most of it was from the same aqua solid as the background, with just a normal strip of the teal thrown in. I quilted it in a random crosshatch pattern using a matching aqua thread.
Now that it's back with me, it's destined for a new baby some friends recently welcomed. March has been a total baby month, so I'm happy I managed to finish up several baby quilts back in the fall. I was stocked and ready.

1 comment:

  1. This is a striking graphic quilt, right up my alley! I have had the pattern for ages, I feel like I must make it SOOON after seeing yours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)