Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November do.Good Stitches blocks

Like October, our November quilter went easy on us for this month's bee blocks for the Emerge circle of do.Good Stitches. Amanda asked us to make appliqued circle blocks in earthy fall colors -- mustard yellow, navy, or burnt orange -- on a low-volume background square.
We could use any applique method we wanted -- reverse appliqué, raw edge appliqué, or standard applique by hand or machine -- and I decided to go with raw edge. She was hoping for some blocks that would really crinkle up and fray in the wash for a super cozy quilt. She wanted the blocks to finish at 12.5", 8.5", or 4.5", totaling approximately 26", so I made three blocks, one in each size. The circles could be any size, and centered or offset was fine, so I did a little of both. For such a simple quilt, I think this one is going to have a great visual impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)