Monday, March 21, 2016

Sew the rainbow

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen a lot of rainbows lately. Maybe it's spring, maybe it's just been a while since I did a rainbow quilt, but either way, I just keep coming back to these. First up, I have plans to make a Cascade quilt (pattern by Initial K Studio) for an upcoming charity fundraiser. I love the simple graphic impact of this quilt design, but picking all 32 solids I needed was hard! So I posted this stack of solids from my stash on IG and asked for input on what I was missing.
And boy did I get some responses! Not surprisingly, there were too many teals (I know, but teal!), and it was missing some love in the bottom half (red to green). So when I headed to work the next day, I did my best to fill it out a bit and came out with one lovely rainbow stack (funny how the same stack looks so different when it's flipped on its head).
As soon I finish quilting last month's do.Good Stitches quilt, I'm moving straight on to this one.

Then, a few nights later, I couldn't resist taking a little break to work on a scheme for another rainbow quilt, this time using my beloved Rhoda Ruth and Pacific stashes. I've had this quilt on my mind for months (after seeing some great inspiration on IG, more on that later) and had to get it out of my head. I'm hoping it'll be next on the list after Cascade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)