Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WIP Wednesday #65

Making up for lost time (and another grandparent visit this weekend, which means no sewing), this week has been filled with many late nights of sewing. You do what you gotta do. On the top of my list (literally, see my list below) was finishing up my quilt for the MQG Michael Miller challenge. And I did it! I haven't had a chance to get it outside for pictures yet, so you'll just get a little teaser today, but I'll have a full reveal post up soon.
Spiral quilting, pinwheels, and stripey binding!
Last night, I also finished this little pouch using an orphan block from my Catty Kitty quilt. The Bay Area MQG teamed up with the St. Louis MQG for a little WIP swap. The idea was to use a leftover block from your stash to create a new small swap item. We'll then send our items to San Francisco, and they'll send us back projects in return.
This cat block didn't make the cut for the original quilt because the color just didn't work with the other blocks, but it turned out to be the perfect size for a pouch. We weren't assigned a specific person for the swap, but I'm guessing there will be a cat lover somewhere in the group (at least I hope so!).
On the back, I made a little patchwork of the same green fabrics I used in the cat block. The lining is a little Flea Market Fancy, and the sashing is Essex Yarn Dyed in Indigo.
Up next, fox quilts! The fabrics are all ready to go.
On the "to do" list:
Michael Miller challenge quilt
STL quilt
Swap item for Bay Area MQG
Fox mini quilts
Rainbow New Wave quilt
Mystery HST quilt
Car travel pouch for B (this, this, or this)
Crayon wallet for B
Perfect quilted tote
T-shirt quilt 
Aviatrix Medallion quilt 
"Treasure" bag for B
Superhero cape for B
Sewing circle tote
Re-cover the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
A mug rug for me
Ironing board cover
Reusable snack bags
Washi dress/tunic

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Okay, someone is definitely going to want that cat pouch...super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)