Thursday, August 23, 2012

From Kindle sleeve to iPad cozy

As promised, it's another sewing finish!

I finally got around to making the cover Matt requested for his new-ish iPad. He wanted something simple, so after I initially suggested the argyle for the outside and the teal for the inside, he had me switch them up.
I actually really like the way it turned out, with the fun argyle popping out when you open the sleeve. I also did all of the topstitching in a matching teal thread so everything looks very clean on the outside.
I followed my Kindle sleeve tutorial with a few modifications. I adjusted the measurements for the iPad (see the tutorial for directions on how to do this) and decided to keep the corners of the flap squared off instead of rounded because, for some reason, that seemed "manlier." :)
Matt seemed pleased, which was good enough to me. Another project checked off the list. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)