Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy new year!

Happy New Year!
My dad and step-mom came to visit us for new year's, marking the end of the long string of visitors we've had since Beckett's birth.
My step-mom came to help us for a week at the beginning of December, but my dad hadn't seen Beckett in person since his birth, so they were both really excited to come back and spend some time with him (and us, but let's face it, mostly him).
We made sure to have our black-eyed peas on New Year's Day, enjoying some delicious hoppin' john Matt made from a recipe in one of the new cookbooks he got for Christmas.
It was wonderful to spend the time with them, and they served as our babysitters so we could go out with some friends for New Year's Eve. We had a wonderful, fancy dinner at a local place we'd been wanting to try for a long time, and we rang in the new year with a bottle of bubbly.
I hope everyone enjoyed their new year's celebrations and has a wonderful 2012 to look forward to.

1 comment:

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)