Friday, February 18, 2011

Bridal shower fun

So I realized after all the build up with the coasters and everything else, I forgot to tell you about my sister's bridal shower. It went great! This is me and my sisters:
I had such a fun time hanging out and prepping for the shower. I got major help from my mom (baking and prep), step-mom (prep, linens, and those great coffee mug favors, which went with the coasters), and little sister (general prep and cuteness).
I hate living so far from my family now, so it was wonderful to have a weekend with the girls to celebrate the exciting addition of a new brother, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say it was a big success. And check out this spread:
I'm just bummed I accidentally cut off the tops of the flowers in the picture; they were beautiful. You can see the mugs and coasters on the far end of the table and the coffee sleeve prizes in the middle.
Believe me, it tasted as good as it looked. Those are blondies from my favorite America's Test Kitchen cookbook, salted caramel cupcakes from here (definitely the crowd favorite), and Nutella scones from Baked Explorations, one of the cookbooks I got for Christmas, along with lots of other goodies.
And we got to drive and drool over my sister's Christmas toy, a teal Fiat Cinquecento. Isn't it adorable??
My grandmother wasn't trying to escape. I promise. Really.

I can't wait for the wedding in less than a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)