Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A take on the scarf

I often spend lunches at work perusing my favorite sewing blogs and looking for the next project to add to my ever-growing and never-shrinking list of things to try. One day I happened upon this little lovely. Not long before, my little sister had specifically requested I make her a scarf, and when I saw this, it seemed perfect. I love the gathers, and I LOVE the little balls on the end. Too cute. The only hang-up was the fabric – my little sister’s not really the fancy, white scarf/wrap type, so I needed to find a way to make it a bit younger and a lot more fun. When I found this plaid, I knew it was exactly what I needed. Aside from being super-duper easy, you know what the nicest thing about this pattern is? It requires two yards for the length, but you only use half the width, meaning there’s plenty for a second scarf for someone special … like me. J
Isn't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)