Thursday, November 18, 2010

Family weddings are the best

Keeping in tradition with the past few years, the past year has been a year of weddings. But unlike the previous years, which were mostly filled with friends’ weddings, this has been the year of the family wedding (full disclosure: there have also been three friends’ weddings, but that’s a serious decrease over previous years). In the past 12 months, three cousins, all on my mom’s side, have gotten hitched, and I’ve been lucky enough to be able to attend all three weddings.
Until recently, much of that side of the family has been pretty spread out, and although a big chunk of them have recently reunited and settled down in Atlanta, my immediate family remains the Texas outcasts (with Matt and I, of course, now in St. Louis). Needless to say, I don’t get to see these wonderful people nearly as often as I’d like, so this past year has been a special blessing, not only because I was able to witness the union of six wonderful cousins, but because I also had the opportunity to spend so much time with my amazing family.
The most recent wedding was in October, and my mom was lucky enough to be able to join us. She flew up from Dallas and accompanied Matt and I on our drive over to Indiana. It was a wonderful two days of laughing ‘til my sides hurt, playing games, dancing, eating, and just smiling at the cousins, aunts, and uncles that have had such an impact on my life and my person. I am endlessly thankful for the blessing of my family and can’t wait for the next family wedding and it’s a big one … my older sister, the one we thought was never going to get married (by choice, mind you), is tying the knot in March. It’s another reunion and a chance to go home this time, back to Dallas. I can’t wait.
Oh, and did I mention we passed the Weinermobile on the way home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)