Tuesday, October 10, 2017

September and October do.Good Stitches blocks

Sticking with our fruit theme, for the September block for the Emerge Circle of do.Good Stitches, Melanie chose a fun pineapple block. She posted a great tutorial on her blog and asked for two pineapples, one pieced and one solid, in yellow, pink, and/or mint fabrics. 
I gotta say, I loved putting these together. They're just so darn happy.
The mint is definitely my favorite. And look at those seams!
Wanda gave us a jump start on October, posting her tutorial early so we could finish our blocks as soon as we wanted. It turned out I had a window of time to knock them out pretty quickly, which always feels good.
She chose a super simple improv stripe block in a color scheme inspired by the solar eclipse we had back in August -- grays, black, navy, and white. This should make a great boy quilt (always in short supply in charity projects!). I promise I didn't use a ruler (as instructed) for my stripes, but it's hard for me to go wonky. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)