Sunday, March 16, 2014

Meow #5

This weekend, I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon sewing away at a STLMQG sew-in. While I'd hoped to make progress on a few items, I ended up spending all of my time on the Catvent baby quilt, which turned out to be okay because I finished the top!
First up, let's meet the last three kitties. Here's Lucy (love that coral!):
And Mia (well, kind of. I accidentally flipped the bottom two pieces from the original version, but it's close enough to count.):
And Violet (who was actually kitty #26. I originally made this one in a hunter green palette, but I didn't really like the way it turned out and how the color worked with the rest of the quilt, so I remade it in lavender, which incidentally works better with the name anyway.):
With all the pieces in place, I added in my sashing and borders and then pressed, pressed, pressed. Tonight I'm on to the backing!
Can't get enough of the kitties? You can read all about them in the other posts here, here, here, here, here, and here.

3 comments:

  1. This turned out GREAT! Love those brights on the Essex.

    Sorry to miss sew-in. :( Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Jessica! Glad I got to see your progress in person.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)