Friday, June 28, 2013

Like an acorn holds an oak tree

Last night, I finished reading an amazing book, A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra. (Really, it's fantastic. Please, go read it right now. You'll thank me.)

The novel is filled with the most beautiful, wonderfully written images, but toward the end is one that really stuck with me, as it so beautifully encapsulates parenthood.

For their entire lives, even before they met, your mother and father held their love for you inside their hearts like an acorn holds an oak tree. You were their rain and sun, their morning and night.

Beckett, I hope you always know just how true this is of our family, how much we love you and have always loved you, even before we knew you or each other. You will always be our rain and sun, our morning and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)