Thursday, April 11, 2013

Relay it

I'm turning 30 this week. I'm not sure whether it's hit me quite yet, but I think I'm okay with it. Ask me on Friday.
To kick off the 'ol birthday week, on Sunday morning I ran the St. Louis Marathon Relay with three friends. Split among four people, each person runs roughly a 10K, so the team as a whole runs a full marathon. It was the first time I'd done a relay or a 10K race, for that matter, which added a little excitement.
I took the first leg, which was one of the shorter ones but also really hilly. I ended up getting to the race too soon (out of fear of being late, of course), which threw off my eating and hydrating schedule, so I struggled a bit getting through my leg.
But in the end, I still had a really fun time, and the other girls did great on their legs. We all met up with our fourth runner a few blocks from the finish line and crossed together. 
Afterwards, we met up with the boys and went for beers and brats. Now that's a good way to finish a race. Cheers to turning 30.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)