Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday #19

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's time for another update. (In case you've missed out, I'm following along with Freshly Pieced's W.I.P. (Work In Progress) Wednesday series as a good way for me (and you) to keep track of what's going on around here.)

Completed this week: 
I finished up the shortalls for Biscuit that I mentioned a few weeks ago.
After buying an applique at Hancock's and deciding it didn't really work with this project, I decided to just make my own. I used the same teal from the lining fabric to make a sailboat applique, which I think turned out pretty cute.
Then, it was finished off with some teal buttons. Have I mentioned I love teal? I hope Biscuit does, too.


Started this week:
I also made my first crib sheet for Biscuit! I used a duvet cover I purchased from Ikea a few months ago because the oranges match his nursery bedding, and I didn't want to use the real bedding for my first try.
(The blotchy looking spots in the picture are printing on the plastic cover that came with the mattress. We haven't assembled the crib yet project for this weekend! so I hadn't taken the mattress out of the cover but still wanted to try on the sheet. That also explains why the mattress is sitting on the floor and our guest bed in these pictures.)
Thankfully, the tutorial from Dana over at MADE worked perfectly, so now I'm all set to make some real ones.

In progress/On the "to do" list:
Empire Waist Cinch for me from Handmade Beginnings
Nursery bedding for the biscuit: crib dust ruffle, crib mobile, and a couple more crib sheets
Other biscuit-related projects: whale softie, Texas A&M onesie, and a lot of other things I haven't even thought of yet
Mug rug for me

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. And be sure to click on the button to check out other great WIPs for more inspiration!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)