Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I'm obviously a few days late, but Happy Thanksgiving! As with every year, this year we have so much to be thankful for: our families, a happy home, secure jobs, good friends, new hobbies, and so much else. We were blessed to get to spend the holiday with Matt's parents in California, and boy, did we feast!
Our niece, Jesselynn, helped me with the dessert. Her reward? Licking the whisk, of course.
My contributions to the table: sweet potato casserole and our dessert, a sugar cookie/pumpkin gooey butter cake concoction I pieced together from three different recipes. Just looking at them, if you didn't know better, you'd think I made the same thing twice. Regardless, they were so good!
Matt's fabulous turkey.
Our holiday spread.
For some post-turkey entertainment, we broke out the bubbles. Jesselynn's got quite a way with catching them — just one of many talents, to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)