Saturday, October 3, 2015

A fox and a hedgehog

I'm so excited to finally share my fox and hedgehog mini quilt, which I started at the workshop I took with Elizabeth Hartman a few weeks back!
The workshop was designed to teach the pillow version of these blocks, but I decided to turn it into a mini for my sewing wall instead. The main switch was just the direction. The blocks run horizontally in the pillow, and I switched them to vertical to fit the space I had on my wall. The blocks are made using Elizabeth's Fancy Fox and Hazel Hedgehog patterns, and I used her free applique to add glasses to one of the foxes because, yes.
I used a variety of Kona solids for the animals and Essex yarn-dyed in steel for the background. The backing is a hexie print that's been in my stash a long time, and the binding is a fun teal crosshatch. I quilted it in a simple diagonal spaced about 3/8" apart using white thread.
It's already found a happy home on my reorganized sewing wall. Hmmm, looks like I need to find space for some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)