Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Baby basket

Man, I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. The short version: April was crazy, y'all. Between my birthday, Easter, an unexpected solo road trip to Atlanta, and a planned road trip to Memphis, the month flew by. I'm going to do my best to catch up (prepare yourself for some upcoming personal posts), but for today, let's get to one of the few sewing projects I've managed to finish lately.
I needed a present for an upcoming baby shower, but I knew I wouldn't have time to go all in with a quilt, so I decided to check another divided basket off my list and fill it with goodies from her registry.
This is my third go-round with the delightful pattern from Noodlehead, and it gets easier every time. (You can see my other versions here and here.) The fabrics were based on the colors from her registry, so I hope she'll be able to find some use for the basket in the nursery. I love this aqua/yellow/gray combination. I've had the front fabric (how to make paper hats!) in my stash for quite sometime, and I was so excited to find the perfect project for all that cuteness. This was a total stash project, too, which makes me feel a little less guilty about that order I just placed with Hawthorne Threads ... (birthday money, you know?).
I also decided to thrown in a matching bib, 'cause you can never have too many of those. I love this little set.
Fabrics:
Bib and main exterior of basket: Sarah Jane, Children At Play, Making Paper Hats in Aqua
Basket divider and pocket lining: Joel Dewberry, Modern Meadow, Acorn Chain in Pond
Basket handles and top of front exterior: Carolyn Friedlander, Architextures, Crosshatch in Curry
Basket interior: Half Moon Modern, Big Dots in Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)