Sunday, December 4, 2011

Introducing the reason I've been gone

Wow. This is the first time I've even looked at my blog in almost a month. My last post was a Thankful Mondays post at the start of my 40th week. We spent many an evening that week taking long walks in an attempt to induce labor, and I didn't have much to write about, as our lives were filled with little more than intense anticipation of the imminent arrival of our son.

I'm working on a separate post about the birth story, but I'd like to announce the arrival of Beckett Fox Schunke, born Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 7:32 p.m. He weighed in at a healthy 8 lb. 5 oz., was 21 inches long, and came out with a very full head of hair (yes, I did have a lot of heartburn during the pregnancy). Though it didn't exactly go as planned, we ended up having a great labor and delivery, and he came out perfect, healthy, and strong. We've been enjoying him for three wonderful weeks now, and we're starting to figure out life as parents and a family of three.
We love you, Beckett!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)