If you have an amazing memory, you may remember that I chose this string block for the August 2016 do.Good Stitches block for our Emerge circle. Yes, I realize that was a long time ago. It sat for awhile because I needed to make a few extra blocks, and then I couldn't decide on sashing, and then life.
But I finally managed to wrap it up over the summer in time to gift it for Project Linus's quilt drive for victims of Hurricane Harvey in Houston, so I hope this cheery quilt has been able to bring a smile to someone down there.
As the original blog post details, I got the design from a quilt I fell in love with by Amy of the Badskirt blog. I ended up even using the same sashing (the fabulous Architextures ledger print by Carolyn Friedlander) because it just worked so well.
For the backing, I used Carolyn's gray crosshatch and a fun flower print that's been in my stash since my earliest sewing days. The binding is a bright pink solid (exact color unknown).
I kept the quilting pretty simple in an offset half-diamond with the lines spaced about 1.5" apart. You can see it best on the back.
The final quilt measures 43" x 51", just right for a child. Thanks to my beemates for the fun blocks!